can you keep up with this conversation
- !: i'm takin tha pop culture world by storm
- !: someday
- !: channel all that angst into ART
- #: yeah
- #: make sure your art is very understandable
- #: and if not, make it neon colours
- #: and mysterious
- #: but entirely accessible
- #: then maybe you'll have a future
- !: never
- #: also make sure it's consummable in .2 seconds
- !: it'll be accessible over my dead body
- #: b/c that's the longest time frame
- #: maybe you can do something ironic with the apple emojis
- !: i could make a music video of emojiS!!
- !: it's never been done
- #: yea
- #: that would be so ironic
- #: i'm gonna start using the word ironic in the most completely wrong ways
- !: everyone uses it in the wrong way anyway
- !: you can't do anything to ironic that hasn't already been done
- #: if i refuse to ever use it in the right way
- #: i think that'll be unique
- #: meta-irony
- !: there's nothing unique left in the world
- !: everything is derivative
- #: every song that willl be sang has been sung
- !: what's the point of it all
- #: to capture the brief fleeting moments of irony
- #: it'll be like mad libs except instead of coming up with nouns/verbs/adjectives
- #: irony will be the answer to it all
andy at the glass house by david mccabe, 1964
Sigur Rós - Valtari by Christian Larson
Sigur Rós is always nostalgic for me. As Nab says, some songs you just always associate with periods of your life - I can never forget looping Hoppípolla in bed a few days after Christmas, hearing my parents speak to each other over the phone.
Anyways, Geoff sent me this beautiful video and I had such a visceral reaction I had to share. I watched people doing acrobatic yoga/dance in the park some weekends ago, but it was a sunny day and there were French bulldogs running around, so of course not nearly as poetic.
The dancers are beautiful, their lithe movements surreal, and their wholeness tangible.
Geoff is planning and curating a viewing party for “beautiful beautiful videos” and I honestly can’t smile any wider as I type this. Ha!
your life is your life.
know it while you have it.
"A Bigger Splash," 1967
i won’t lie, i spent a good 10 minutes on my phone ignoring conversations trying to identify these chairs by hans wegner. thankfully i have friends who willingly overlook my obsessive compulsive behavior
i make up for it because i’m just that interesting